Our call for contributions is still open!!!
Call for Contributions to Panel Discussions, Demos, Musical performances, Workshops, Talks or Other Genres for the upcoming Food Festival: An Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences Event
Event Dates: 10-12 November,
Venue: District Six Museum, Cape Town
Artists, students, academics and musicians interested in contributing to the programme are invited to submit proposals of panels, talks, musical performances, demonstrations or workshops on the following:
- Organizational and activist responses to food crises;
- Corporate capitalism and seed/agrarian and food politics;
- Food in culture;
- Recipes, cuisine and social identities;
- Embodiment, the visceral and pleasure;
- Food struggles, food sovereignty and agrarian transformation;
- Nature/Society and the ecological crisis;
- Gender, food and the domestic.
Expressions of interest should include a short paragraph of no longer than 1 page outlining the proposed contribution to the festival, explaining its value or relevance and indicating its form (e.g. Panel Discussions, Demos, Musical performances, Workshops, Talks or Other Genres).
CLOSING DATE: 12 OCTOBER 2017
Contact email@example.com for more information.
Read more about our upcoming even here